ADVENTURE WITH MICRO
DONATE A SCOOTER TO SCOOTER AID
Beverley is one of the members of our customer service team. A walking font of all knowledge she knows everything there is to know about scooters and accessories.
It’s really easy to get involved in our Scooter Aid scheme and potentially change a child’s life in the UK for the better.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Do you have an old or unused Micro Scooter that you would be willing to donate to a good cause?
There are a variety of good causes across the country who would love to receive it. Here are some ideas for organisations to donate to:
- your local school or pre-school could use the scooter to give to a child to encourage them to scoot to school. Great for the planet, great for the school (to ease congestion at the school gates) and a chance for a child to get active and play.
- your local charity shop would benefit from a scooter donation. Micro scooters in particular have a high resell value and would boost the coffers of any charity.
- Do you have a playgroup near you? These type of organisations are always on the look out for great equipment.
- Your local toy library. There are thousands of toy libraries all across the UK who do amazing work with families with young children.
- Sports clubs, Brownies or Scouts could use your donation for their Summer fayre or picnics.
- The Salvation Army run a Christmas present appeal all year round and would happily accept a Micro scooter.
- Women’s Aid provide lifesaving services to women and children across the UK. The organisation accept donations of toys to give to women and children who are leaving their shelters.
- Some local food banks accept toys – especially in the run up to Christmas. You can find your local food bank here >>
- Freecycle is a non-profit organisation which allows you to list your scooter for free and for someone to “buy” it for free.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
When donating your scooter please do make sure it is in good working order. It doesn’t have to look the best it just needs to be safe. So please check the following:
The brake is working. To check, press firmly down on the brake. It should stop the wheels from spinning.
Ensure the stem of the scooter is not overly wobbly. If it is, it could affect the steering and be unsafe for a child to ride.
Give the scooter a quick clean and check the spokes of the wheels are free from any debris.
Thank you so much for your generosity. You are doing a wonderful thing.
See all the Scooter Aid beneficiaries here >>