Nothing is more important to us than making sure children who scoot, do so safely. It is one of the reasons we started our Scoot Safe scheme in 2013.The aim of the scheme is to teach as many children as possible the rules of safe scooting during the school day. Our fully qualified instructors work with schools and councils to deliver engaging workshops to children of all ages. The workshops include tips on scooter maintenance, why children should have good road manners, pavement etiquette and practical skills including how to brake and steer a scooter. https://youtu.be/rJrHNBZNVTc We run a Scoot Safe class in schools across the country, every single day during term time. At the moment we organise our workshops directly with schools and so it is not possible to book your child onto a class as a parent. This is why we have put together some information to help you teach the importance of safe scooting at home.
Safe scooting begins at homeWhether it is a quick trip to the park or a scooting adventure further afield, safe scooting should be one of the most important considerations of the journey. Here are some links to help prepare children and educate them on how to ride safely.
You can find them here:
- Scoot Safe tips every child should know
- free, downloadable Scoot Safe reward chart to help children remember the rules
- How to look after your scooter
- Order a replacement scooter part
- How to fit a replacement part
- How to prepare for your first outdoor adventure
- Advice on finding the best places to scoot